Indian-style green onions + potatoes/kohlrabi--Indian (Asia) recipe
Oil for cooking 1 tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp Acefodeta (optional)
3 small potatoes or kohlrabi, cubed
1 tsp tumeric 1 tsp red chili powder
2 Tbls corriander powder
3-4 bunches green onions with all greens chopped to ¼ inch rounds
2 tsp. gram (or all purpose) flour
water salt to taste
1. Heat oil. Add mustard seeds and acefodeta and heat until mustard seeds crackle.
2. Add potatoes/kohlrabi and heat a few minutes to start them cooking.
3. Add dry spices (tumeric, chili powder, coriander) and heat 2-3 more minutes.
4. Add ½ cup water (or so) to help cook potatoes/kohlrabi and cook 2-5 more minutes until it is half or more cooked.
5. Add green onions, cook a few more minutes until they become soft.
6. Add flour over top and mix in. Add a little more water for cooking to make a very slight sauce (est ½ cup). Cook until green onions and potatoes are done.