Broccoli Turnip Rice Casserole
Recipe Courtesy of Katie Bingham
1 head broccoli, roasted
1 broccoli stem, diced
½ onion, diced
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 ½ cups grated cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, swiss, etc.)
2 cups cream
6 turnips, quartered
3 cups Cajun Grain rice, cooked
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Put heavy cream and turnips in a small pot. Cook on low heat until turnips are done. Put in blender, puree until smooth. Set aside.
- While turnips are cooking roast broccoli. Heat oven to 425. Cut up broccoli into bite size pieces. Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast until brown and crispy about 15 minutes.
- Cut tough exterior of broccoli stem off. Dice the heart of the stem. Saute with onion with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Mix cooked rice, broccoli, turnip puree and cheese. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place in an 8x8 pan. Bake until bubbly about 20-25 minutes.