Beet Greens with Caramelized Onions
- tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 lb yellow onions, peeled and diced
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- fresh black pepper, ground
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups beet greens, washed and chopped
Heat the oil over medium high heat till it stops sizzling. Add onions and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and caramelized, about 30 minutes. Add the thyme, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper, and vinegar stir well to combine.
Cook for 5-15 more minute, adding water if needed if the liquid dries up. Add beet greens just to wilt.