Beef & Garlic Scapes Stir Fry
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Servings: 4
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb grilling top sirloin steaks
- 3 cups garlic scapes, 1 inch pieces
- 1 small hot red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup beef stock
1. Whisk first 6 ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Slice beef across the grain into thin strips, add to bowl & toss to coat; let stand for 15 minutes.
3. Cook garlic scapes in a pot of boiling salted water until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes; drain & refresh under cold water.
4. Drain again, pat dry & set aside.
5. Wearing rubber gloves, cut hot pepper in half lengthwise, deseed& finely slice.
6. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok or deep skillet over high heat.
7. Stir fry beef in batches, using remaining oil as necessary, until browned but still pink inside, about 2 minutes; transfer to a bowl.
8. Stir fry hot pepper& salt for 1 minute; return beef, any accumulated juices, scapes& stock to wok and stir fry until hot, about a minute.